How about adding some dahlias to your flower garden this year.
We have potted up some of our extra tubers and they are sprouting nicely, and are now available for purchase and pickup at the farm – 6376 Slocan River Road, Winlaw, BC.
HOW TO ORDER:
TUBERS WILL BE SOLD ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
THE NUMBER OF TUBERS PER VARIETY IS QUITE LIMITED. I WILL INDICATE WHEN VARIETIES ARE SOLD OUT.
- Send me an email with the tuber(s) you would like to purchase. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. I will confirm the availability of your selection. Email: email@example.com.
- Once I have confirmed your order you can pay by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your payment will secure your purchase. If I do not receive payment by April 30 I will assume that you do not want your tuber(s) and will offer them to others.
- Your tuber(s) will be available for pick up at the farm on the weekend of May 1st and 2nd between 10am – 3pm.
AFTER YOU PICK UP YOUR SPROUTED TUBER(S):
- Do not plant out until after the last frost date. Dahlias are very sensitive to frost! (I planted out the week of May 14 – 21, 2020. Your frost date might be different than our’s here on the farm.)
- Water lightly while waiting for the weather to warm.
- The tubers will have roots. Dig a hole deep enough to hold the roots, add some 4-4-4 fertilizer, and bury up to the green shoots. (I use Gaia organic fertilizer.)
HERE IS WHAT I HAVE AVAILABLE:
And, a few that I don’t have photos or the names of:
|UNKNOWN NAME – DEEP RED||CACTUS||DEEP RED||4,5’H x 4,5″ BLOOM||$7.00|
|UNKNOW NAME – YELLOW CENTRE/RED OUTER||DECORATIVE||YELLOW WITH RED TIPS||4’H X 5″ BLOOM||$8.00|
|UNKNOW NAME- FUSCHIA||CACTUS||FUSCHIA||4.5’H X 4-5″ BLOOOM||$7.00|
|UNKNOWN NAME – BIG PINK||DINNER PLATE||PINK||4’H X 7-8″ BLOOM||$10.00|